- Studies show that the color(s) associated with a product or service influences up to 80% of consumer purchasing decisions.
- A look at the top 100 U.S. based brands shows the following use of colors in the visual representation of their brand.
- 33% Blue
- 29% Red
- 28% Black/Gray
- 13% Yellow
- Color by industry
- Blue – Airline, Energy, Ag
- Red – Automotive, Food, Technology
- Black – Clothing, Automotive, Technology
- Yellow – Energy, Food, Housing
- Color sends a message
- Blue – Dependable, secure
- Red – Aggressive, attention-getting
- Black – Prestige, value
- Yellow – Creativity, motivation
The decision about how your brand is displayed should include careful consideration of how color plays a role in the message that you’re sending.